Shocker: ABC News Hack Stephanopoulos Donated $50K to Clinton Criminal Foundation, Failed to Disclose It

Posted by on May 14, 2015 at 9:31 am

If ABC News has the slightest bit of integrity this clown would be fired.

ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos has given $50,000 to the Clinton Foundation in recent years, charitable contributions that he did not publicly disclose while reporting on the Clintons or their non-profit organization, the On Media blog has learned.

In both 2013 and 2014, Stephanopoulos made a $25,000 donation to the 501 nonprofit founded by former president Bill Clinton, the Foundation’s records show. Stephanopoulos never disclosed this information to viewers, even when interviewing author Peter Schweizer last month about his book “Clinton Cash,” which alleges that donations to the Foundation may have influenced some of Hillary Clinton’s actions as Secretary of State.

In a statement to the On Media blog on Thursday, Stephanopoulos apologized and said that he should have disclosed the donations to ABC News and its viewers.

“I made charitable donations to the Foundation in support of the work they’re doing on global AIDS prevention and deforestation, causes I care about deeply,” he said. “I thought that my contributions were a matter of public record. However, in hindsight, I should have taken the extra step of personally disclosing my donations to my employer and to the viewers on air during the recent news stories about the Foundation. I apologize.”

Zero credibility. Naturally the hack’s bosses are standing behind him. So much for objectivity.

In its own statement on Thursday, ABC News said it was standing behind its star anchor.

“As George has said, he made charitable donations to the Foundation to support a cause he cares about deeply and believed his contributions were a matter of public record,” the network’s statement read. “He should have taken the extra step to notify us and our viewers during the recent news reports about the Foundation. He’s admitted to an honest mistake and apologized for that omission. We stand behind him.”

They now have as much credibility as MSNBC.

Update: Speaking of credibility, the Free Beacon had the details, but ABC News went running to Politico to “break” the story.

Wow.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.