Suspect in Benghazi attack found dead

Posted by on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:45 am

Faraj al-Shibli, who was suspected of involvement in the 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, has been found dead, a Libyan source and locals in the town of Marj said.

Al-Shibli, whose name is also spelled Chalabi, was last seen being detained by a local militia in Marj two days ago, a Libyan source said.

It is unclear what happened to al-Shibli since then, but his body was found Monday in the eastern Libyan town of Marj.

Locals in Marj also confirmed that al-Shibli’s body was found Monday.

The attack on the U.S. compound in September 2012 left four Americans dead, including U.S. ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.

Full story.

One Response to “Suspect in Benghazi attack found dead”

  1. Rob in Katy on 15/15/14 at 2:43 pm

    Well, if he talked… there is probably some link back to Cankels or Zero…Ironic that they would not kill him while he is killing Americans, but if he could toss them under the bus.