Former Vice President Dick Cheney said on “Fox News Sunday” that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “bears responsibility” for the State Department’s chaotic handling of the Benghazi terrorist attacks in Libya on Sept. 11, 2012.
“She was Secretary of State at the time that it happened — she was one of the first in Washington to know about it,” Cheney said. “I think she clearly bears responsibility for whatever the State Department did or didn’t do with respect to that crisis.”
The attack on the compound led to the deaths of four Americans — Ambassador Chris Stevens, foreign service officer Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
“I do think it’s a major issue,” Cheney said. “I don’t think we’ve heard the last of it yet.”
Earlier this month, a controversial House select committee was formed to look into the Benghazi attack – investigating the circumstances leading up to it and its aftermath.