We think as part of her next pitch Michelle Obama should don a Muslim headscarf and come up with a snappy new hashtag. Maybe that’ll work.
The schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamic militant group Boko Haram have been paraded on video.
The terror group said all of them had been converted to Islam while being held and all were shown wearing headscarfs.
The group’s leader said that it will release them in exchange for militant prisoners being freed.
Some girls on the 17-minute-long video, which was obtained by news agency AFP, spoke to camera, and looked extremely nervous.
The girls recite Islamic prayers during the clip as they sit in a group in a wooded area.
The video, which appeared to show around 130 girls, was aired after the governor of the Nigerian state from where the schoolgirls were kidnapped said that he knew where some of them are being held.
Kashim Shettima, the Governor of Borno, said that he’d received reports of sightings of the girls and had passed on this information to the military.
Extremist group Boko Haram seized 276 girls who were taking exams at a school in Borno’s north-eastern village of Chibok on April 14. Some managed to escape, but around 200 remain missing.
Mr Shettima told the BBC: ‘We’ve got reports of them being sighted in some locations – which we have conveyed to the relevant military authorities, for them to cross-check, verify and get additional information on the accurate location of the daughters.’
His comments came as the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, called for negotiations with the terrorist group over the fate of the missing girls.
Because negotiating with terrorists has worked out so well before. Meanwhile, bet you didn’t realize these girls were kidnapped because of global warming, or something.