Shocker: Obama Campaign Bundler Avoids Criminal Charges Over Mysterious Disappearance of $1.6 Billion

Posted by on Jul 08, 2013 at 11:21 am
corzineobama3

Really hard to figure this one out, huh?

It’s official.

Jon Corzine will not be cuffed over MF Global’s improper handling of customers’ funds leading up to the commodity brokerage firm’s spectacular collapse in late 2011, The Post has learned.

Federal investigators have found no evidence that the disgraced Wall Street titan broke the law.

“After 18 months of investigation, the criminal probe into Jon Corzine is now being dropped,” a person with knowledge of the probe told The Post.

“There is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing,” this person said.

The Justice Department’s decision to drop the case is sure to come as a relief to Corzine, who has been widely blamed for MFG’s bankruptcy — as well as the misuse of some $1.6 billion in customers’ funds.

Last week, Corzine was hit with civil charges by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission in connection with the illegal tapping of the funds, which were improperly co-mingled with the MFG’s house money in the firm’s final days.

Just image the predicament he’d face if he had an (R) after his name. And to think, he was in line to become Obama’s Treasury Secretary. Even after his troubles were revealed he was still raising money for Obama.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.