Details emerge about Americans badly injured in Benghazi attack

Posted by on Nov 13, 2013 at 9:27 pm

In addition to the four Americans killed in the Benghazi terror attack last year, at least two other Americans were severely injured in the fighting that night, Fox News has learned.

The injuries were sustained by U.S. personnel after mortars struck the CIA annex rooftop they were defending. Fox News is told that one former government contractor — who is expected to testify this week along with four other contractors in classified sessions on Capitol Hill — has had multiple surgeries since the attack and has still not regained full use of one arm.

The blood loss after the attack was so severe that a source close to the contractor said it had been life-threatening.

As previously reported, diplomatic security agent David Ubben has also undergone multiple surgeries since that attack. As recently as August, he was still recovering at Walter Reed Medical Center in suburban Washington.

Full story.

Comments are closed.