Benghazi Suspect Released by Libyans

Posted by on Jun 27, 2013 at 7:19 am

We’ll soon pass the 10-month anniversary of the Benghazi terror attack and we’re back to square one. No suspects, no arrests, no attention being paid by the media and nobody in the Obama administration that gives a rat’s ass that they left four Americans to die. Can we get back to talking about the important issues like abortion on demand, gay marriage and so-called climate change already?

Libya’s government earlier this month released a key terror suspect who U.S. officials say was involved in planning the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on U.S. diplomatic and intelligence facilities in Benghazi.

Faraj al Chalabi, (also spelled Shibli) an al Qaeda terrorist also linked to the 1994 terrorist murder of two German tourists, was detained by the Tripoli government in March.

However, al Chalabi was released June 12 based on claims that there was a lack of evidence to hold him custody.

A U.S. official said the U.S. government has evidence al Chalabi was linked to the Benghazi attack but did not provide that information to the Libyan government. It could not be learned why the evidence was not used to hold the suspect.

The FBI is conducting an investigation into the Benghazi attack. An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment on al Chalabi’s release.

Chalabi, who was arrested by the Libyans in March after returning from Pakistan, is believed by U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials to be one of the people who organized the attack on the diplomatic compound.

U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three others Americans were killed after dozens of al Qaeda-linked terrorists attacked the compound and a nearby CIA facility.

Al Chalabi was a member of both al Qaeda and the Libyan Islamist Fighting Group (LIFG). He had previously been sought in connection with the attack on German nationals Silvan and Vera Becker near Sirte, Libya in 1994.

The LIFG has not been identified as continuing to operate in Libya. However, a Pentagon report on al Qaeda in Libya said: “While some of its former leaders have distanced themselves from al Qaeda and reiterated their intent to play by the democratic rules of the new Libya, clandestinely, some former members of LIFG may be among those helping to create the al Qaeda network.”

To compound the outrage, this terrorists is basically taunting us over the bogus tales made up by the Obama administration.

Regarding his questioning by U.S. officials on Stevens’ death, al Chalabi said: “They pretended to know everything, because they were rigid in their questioning, but the truth is that until now, the Americans do not know who carried out this attack which led to the death of their ambassador or who destroyed their consulate; they are confused. At times they say that it happened against the backdrop of a popular attack over the film that offends the prophet, peace be upon him, and at other times they say it was planned. If it was planned, they do not know who did it.”

Perhaps they’d show more interest if al Chalabi claimed to be a member of the Tea Party. Meanwhile. the diary of Chris Stevens was released yesterday.

The diary in which Ambassador Chris Stevens recorded the days leading up to his death in Benghazi, Libya has been published online, revealing that in his last entry, the ambassador scrawled, “Never-ending security threats…”

Never-ending security threats. And what did Hillary Clinton and our State Department do? Not a goddamn thing.

Brandon Webb, a former Navy SEAL who founded and wrote their report on the diary with ex-Special Forces soldier Jack Murphy, told ABC News they chose to publish the document “because it has value in the continued national conversation regarding senior State Department leadership’s negligence regarding security, and their lack of integrity and accountability since the attack.”

“Seeing Ambassador Stevens’ handwritten notes adds a level of intimacy previously not seen,” said Webb, who was best friends with Glen Doherty before he was killed.

Meanwhile, here’s an interesting report linking Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood to the attack. Explosive charges, if true.

Tags: , ,

2 Responses to “Benghazi Suspect Released by Libyans”

  1. Buy on 7/07/13 at 6:49 am

    Thanks lots for spreading this kind of with all persons you learn what you are speaking about! Added. Please likewise talk with this site Is equal to). We’re able to have a very link different set up among us