Nah, just kidding about the Obama part. But again there was another night of bloodshed in the community he left disorganized. Normally people would be calling for the National Guard, but Chicago pols simply yawn.
A man was killed and at least 16 others were shot across the city Saturday evening and this morning, continuing a streak of violence that has left dozens wounded in recent days.
In the fatal shooting, a 28-year-old man was found shot multiple times, including in the chest, inside an SUV parked near the corner of 91st Street and South East End Avenue in the Calumet Heights neighborhood on the South Side at about 3 a.m., police said.
The man was identified as Rashad Pratt, 28, of the 9000 block of South Ridgeland Ave., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. He was declared dead on the scene after paramedics were unable to revive him, authorities said.
Additional details weren’t available as district officers and Area South detectives remained on the scene this morning.
At least five people have been shot in the city since 4 a.m., police said:
- A 24-year-old man was shot about 4 a.m. in the 4900 block of West Ferdinand Street after attending a party in the area, police said. The man got into an argument without someone outside the party, and the other person took out a gun and shot him, police said. The man, who has gang affiliation, was not cooperating with investigators. His condition had been stabilized at John H. Stroger Hospital.
- A 33-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 3600 block of West Diversey Avenue about 5:08 a.m. No details were available.
- A 46-year-old woman was shot in the leg about 5:09 a.m. in the 8000 block of South Manistee Avenue, said Police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak. Two men drove by in a vehicle and began shooting at her. She was being treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
- A 23-year-old man was in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital after being shot about 5:45 a.m. in the 1900 block of South Marshall Boulevard, police said.
- A 28-year-old woman was shot in the 1100 block of North Pulaski Road about 6:13 a.m. She was being treated in good condition at Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center.