No, they’re not violent. They just want to chop your head off for any perceived slight against their so-called Prophet. So now after a week-long orgy of violence around the globe they’re suddenly concerned with a “backlash” that never seems to materialize. And you know what’s to blame for this sudden cancellation? Islamophobia, of course.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
A KEY organiser of an Islamic rally to be held in Melbourne on Sunday has cancelled the protest amid fears of a backlash and police concerns it will be overrun by violent activists.
Swaybah Javed, who had helped invite supporters through social networking to a rally outside the city’s State Library, said she’d been forced to scrap the event.
“I am calling off the protest as I do not want more violence on the streets, as Islam does not promote violence,” the university graduate said today.
“It is a shameful day for Australia when Islamophobia has boiled over to the point where it is impossible to carry out a peaceful protest.”
“I originally began to organise the rally as I could not sit back and tolerate the Islamophobia which I have witnessed recently,” she said, citing the anti-Islamic film mocking the prophet Mohammed, the Sydney riots, which Ms Javed blames on NSW police, and terror raids in Melbourne last week.
But she today conceded: “Any attempt to have a peaceful protest will end in violence.
“I do not mean violence by Muslims, but violence focused at Muslims.”