Attack Watch on Steroids: Obama’s Goon Squads Launch “Truth Teams”

Posted by on Feb 13, 2012 at 10:20 am

Well, apparently their “truth team” at Media Matters has been exposed, so they’ll have to redouble their efforts elsewhere.

The Obama campaign is today beginning a new effort to enlist and educate at least 2 million supporters for a “grassroots communications team” they’re calling the Truth Team.

“The goal is to ensure that when Republicans attack President Obama’s record, grassroots supporters can take ownership of the campaign and share the facts with the undecided voters in their lives,” the campaign said in a statement.

The teams will be first launched in 13 “swing states,” including Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio and Virginia.

The rollout also includes a social media blitz, directing supporters to three new websites:, which highlights Obama’s record and “promises kept”;, which highlights GOP policy positions; and, which fact-checks claims made against Obama on the campaign trail.

“If the other guys are going to run a campaign based on misrepresenting the president’s record – and their own – we have two options: sit back and let these lies go unchallenged, or fight back with the truth,” deputy Obama campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said in an email. “We’re fighting back.”

I guess owning 99% of the media isn’t enough. When the other 1% challenges them, they must “fight back” or something.

What a joke. Can a Ministry of Truth be far behind?


Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Attack Watch on Steroids: Obama’s Goon Squads Launch “Truth Teams””

  1. Blue Hen on 13/13/12 at 12:51 pm

    Newshotflash: And the Truth Team got off to a rousing start when they accidentally turned on Obama’s chief of staff, who announced repeteadly that filibusters can be used to stop budget legislation. News that both Biden and Obama loved and used filbusters when it suited them seem to be causing an M-5 moment (that’s for all of you Trekkies out there). The Chief of staff was quoted as saying, ” Not me Frankie!! I created you!!

  2. Blue Hen on 13/13/12 at 12:52 pm

    Question: if we do our duty and denounce enemies of the One, do we get an increase in our chocolate ration? Or did Queen Michelle eat it?

  3. The Tundra PA on 13/13/12 at 3:38 pm

    “Can a Ministry of Truth be far behind?”

    Headed by the Obama-appointed Truth Czar, of course.

  4. Louise on 15/15/12 at 12:42 am

    Oh my gosh – is there anyone else out there that thinks that “” looks like a Bible study website? Is “He” really serious about this? It looks like he is trying to perpetuate the myth that he is God! What a POOR choice in website names!