The application for a credit card was flagged by Equifax, by an employee who probably thought WTF, they want another credit card?
“Our understanding is when Equifax got it, it was flagged for whatever reason, and that’s when the Secret Service was notified,” Copeland said.
For the Secret Service to be involved it would seem to indicate that the list of probable victims that this teenager tried to use is a very small one indeed.
By law, the Secret Service is authorized to protect:
– The president, the vice president, the president-elect and vice president-elect
– The immediate families of the above individuals
– Former presidents, their spouses, except when the spouse re-marries
– Children of former presidents until age 16
– Visiting heads of foreign states or governments and their spouses traveling with them, other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States, and official representatives of the United States performing special missions abroad
– Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election
– Other individuals as designated per Executive Order of the President and
– National Special Security Events, when designated as such by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Since they say it was an official I think we can rule out Sasha and Malia. Unless that is who Barry is now taking national security advice from.
On second thought, hmmm.