It’s quite evident the so-called “occupiers” around the country are becoming more emboldened, especially since they have the media largely supporting them while enjoying the full support of the Democratic Party. There are hundreds of stories chronicled, mostly by the blogosphere, yet for the most part the enablers turn a blind eye.
Now the violence has been ratcheted up further. Portland, Oregon has been one of the more odious encampments, as most recently noted Tuesday with this performance. Now police believe Occupy Portland types are behind a Molotov cocktail attack.
Police said a Molotov cocktail was set off in an exterior stairwell at the World Trade Center in downtown Portland tonight, and they believe protesters at Occupy Portland might be responsible.
Someone called 9-1-1 to report the incident about 9:10 p.m., said Lt. Robert King, a spokesman for the Portland Police Bureau. No one was hurt, but a fire caused some damage to the stairs, which are between two escalators.
“We’re very fortunate that a larger fire didn’t occur. These devices are completely unpredictable and destructive — we’re very fortunate that no one was injured,” King said.
Police have been investigating reports since Oct. 31 that a person or group of people at the downtown Occupy Portland encampment has been making or storing Molotov cocktails, King said. Detectives didn’t release the information to protect their investigation.
But preliminary information received tonight suggested there was a link between the camp and the makeshift bomb thrown at the World Trade Center, King said.
Portland’s mayor has been quite accommodating to this mob. The time has come for him to enforce the law and clear these dangerous criminals out.
Especially since they suspected last week an attack was possibly being planned.
From the link:
Portland police tonight reported someone set off a Molotov cocktail at the World Trade Center on SW Salmon, causing fire damage to a staircase but no injuries—and that maybe, even though it’s still technically “unconfirmed,” someone at Occupy Portland might be involved.
Police, in a news release, say they received “unconfirmed information” way back on October 31 that an unknown occupier might be building or storing the incendiary devices. Emails obtained by the Mercury yesterday, in fact, show the bureau was prepared to go public with that information as early as November 3 but decided against it, apparently at the behest of investigators. The release that the bureau drafted then, interestingly, looks much like the one they sent tonight. Would more information have turned up sooner, before an attack, if those concerns had been announced?