#Occufail: Nobody Shows Up for Scheduled Protest on Long Island

Posted by on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:15 am

What happens if you schedule a protest and nobody shows up? We laugh at you, that’s what. This is from Mineola on Long Island last Saturday. Apparently the folks out on the island have much better things to do, like lead a normal life.

Epic fail.

The 99 percent did not show up for the “Occupy Mineola” protest. Neither did the other 1 percent.

Of the 150 people invited to attend the protest scheduled for Nov. 12, not one showed up.

The occupation was supposed to start at 11 a.m. at the Mineola train station. The time came and went, and the platform only filled up with commuters; there was no sign of protestors or of the event’s organizer, Brian Young.

Young has not responded to messages for comment pertaining to the event.

Commuters Barbara and Lenny Krilov did not know a protest was scheduled at the train station, and they said that the unattended event indicated that Occupy Mineola is “not very organized or committed.”

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.